You may download a camp brochure here on our website or contact us to have one mailed to you.
Who May Attend
Please note: All five weeks of camp are co-educational. A camper may attend more than one (1) week, (but is limited to 2 weeks) and is not allowed to stay over the weekends. The camping experience for children from week to week at Camp Shankitunk is very similar.
Any youth ages 8-16 by January 1st who is able to follow the camp schedule and participate in programming safely and independently is welcome to attend.
Any youth age 6-16 by their selected camp session who is able to follow the camp schedule and participate safely and independently is welcome to attend.
2020 Dates & Themes
Week 1: July 5 - July 10
Out of This World
Astronauts and aliens alike are welcome at camp as we blast-off into summer 2020! Try classes like rocketry, astronomy, or science this week. Make your own alien, space bracelet, galaxy slime, or moon rocks! You’re always among the stars at Shankitunk!
Week 2: July 12 - July 17
Shankitunk dayyyyys are like Shankitunk niiiiiights. More often than not are hotter than hot in a lot of good ways! Take a magic carpet ride with us this week at camp to play genie says, make bracelets, and test your storytelling skills of course!
Week 3: July 19 - July 24
Time to hone up on your observation skills campers. We need you this week for a game of “Who done it” at camp? Put your thinking caps to examine fingerprints, write secret messages, guess riddles, and try to crack Justine’s code! Are you up for the challenge? We hope so!
Week 4: July 26 - July 31
We do, we do, we do believe in fairies! Flap your wings and fly: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning for a week of fairy tag, musical toadstools, woodland adventures, and other mystical happenings in the forest at Shankitunk!
Week 5: August 2 - August 7
Calling all campers! You are invited to join us at Shankitunk for a friendly camp-wide competition this week. Who will emerge victorious in classic events such as archery, relay races, swimming, tug of war, and more? Pack your positivity, enthusiasm, and sportsmanship!
Please note:The camping experience for children from week to week at Camp Shankitunk is very similar. The weekly themes are more of a fun way to mix things up over the summer for campers attending multiple weeks and for the staff, but they don't significantly impact the Shankitunk experience. Happy camping!
Check-In and Pick-Up
Check-in between 2:00 and 4:00 pm on Sunday.
Overnight camper parents are welcome to attend the Friday afternoon closing ceremony, beginning at 5:00 pm.
Overnight campers must be signed out from their cabin following that closing ceremony. Overnight campers must be picked up by 6:00 pm on Friday.
Check-in on Monday morning is between 8:00 and 9:00 am. Check-in from Tuesday-Friday is at 8:30am.
Day Campers need to be picked up by 4:30pm daily.
A late-stay option until 5:30 pm is available ($25 for M-Th). Late pick-up option not available on Friday.
$310 per week for Delaware County Residents
$420 per week for all other campers.
$200 per week
$25 extra per week for Day Camp extended stay until 5:30pm.
- Camperships may be available for qualified youth. Help send kids to camp.
- A $100.00 deposit per week is required with all paper applications.
- Full payment will be due at check out during online registration. We accept VISA, Mastercard, & Discover.
There will be a processing fee of $100.00 per session applied to all refunds. All refund requests must be made in writing. No refunds will be issued after Monday, June 22 2020.
- We understand that sometimes things happen or plans change. If you need to cancel, we ask that you notify our camp secretary as soon as possible. We often have families on a waiting list and would like to include their children at camp whenever possible.
- Upon arrival, if it is determined that a camper is too ill to attend, the camper will be sent home immediately, no refund will be issued.
- In the event a camper becomes ill while at camp and is sent home at the discretion of the Camp Nurse, no refund will be issued.
- In the interest of the health and wellness of all campers, those campers who cannot adjust to camp (e.g. severe homesickness, bed wetting, disruptive or dangerous behavior, non-compliance, etc.) may be sent home at the discretion of the Camp Director. No refund will be issued.
Full refunds minus the applicable processing fees will only be considered for emergency situations. An emergency situation is defined as a specific medical condition (e.g. injury, illness or hospitalization) or a certain family situation (e.g. death in family).
Please note that requests for refunds will be subject to review and may take time to process.
Is this your first time attending 4-H Camp Shankitunk? Are you overwhelmed with questions? This handbook may be the answer. We address the most common frequently asked questions from first time families. We hope this resource will be helpful for you, but if you still have questions, please feel free to Contact Us.